How does it feel to be a field engineer? To be honest, working as a field engineer feels quite fun. It’s like traveling, seeing areas we’ve never been to. But it will only last a few moments when you start to realize that working as a field engineer is very risky.
How does it feel to be a field engineer?
But if you love to travel, maybe working as a field engineer can make you happy for a while. Based on my experience, some of the things that you might encounter when you become a field engineer are:
- The ever-changing rhythm of life
- Must be ready to meet new people
- Must be ready to adapt to different weather
- The cost of living is always changing from one place to another
- Miss the people closest to you if you have to work in the field for a long time
- You must be prepared to meet various types of food that you may not like
Those are some of the things I feel after 6 years of working as a field engineer. But some things that I also find interesting are:
- I got to know the character of some of the people I met in the field
- I get to know the habits of the people in the locations I visit
- I became aware of several types of food that I may have never encountered before
Do you really want to become a field engineer after reading this article? If you are young and want to travel and work at the same time, maybe becoming a field engineer is a good option.
I have 2 main records of my experience as being field engineer:
There will be many unexpected things that you will encounter while traveling and working. New experiences, new friends, new insights, new information, and more. However, you should always be able to measure your body’s physical capabilities, because traveling and then completing work is not easy. All of that requires a lot of energy, so you have to stay healthy.
For someone like me who was born and raised in a village, at first I felt happy when I traveled for work. But after I finally returned to visit the work sites I had visited, I felt bored. Because I feel like I’m doing it all over again, and when work is being pursued, it really makes me feel like I’m losing a lot of energy.
But life goes on, you might want to try your hand at being a field engineer if you want to. But remember, make sure you are ready for the many risks that you have to go through. That is all How does it feel to be a field engineer? Good luck.